Colossal Biosciences Inc.
Last Updated: September 7, 2021
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you access or use the Site and the other Colossal Services or other features, functions, services products and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect or may collect:
- In accessing and using the Site.
- In registering to use or provide the Colossal Services.
- In accessing and using the Colossal Services.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages sent through or use of the Site and the other Colossal Services.
- When you interact with the other users of the Site and the other Colossal Services.
- When you send any content through the Site or any of the other Colossal Services.
- Through services provided to us by third-party companies, agents or contractors.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Colossal or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may be accessible from or on the Site or any of the other Colossal Services.
Minors under the Age of 18
None of the Colossal Services are intended for minors under 18 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information on or through the Site or the other Colossal Services. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on or through any of the Colossal Services or any of its features or register on the Site use any of the interactive or public comment features of any of the Colossal Services or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect or may collect several types of information from and about Companies, Contractors and other users of the Site and the other Colossal Services, including:
- Information by which you may be personally identified, such as name and e-mail address (“Personal Information”);
- Financial and billing information;
- Information that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as IP address and date and time of visit;
- Information from your device, including contact information;
- Usage details and information, including how you communicate with other users of the Site and the other Colossal Services, such as the time, date, sender and your interactions with messages (such as when you open a message or capture a screenshot);
- Information contained in the comments and postings on or through any of the Colossal Services;
- Device, internet and mobile information such as the hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, wireless network, and mobile network information (including the mobile phone number);
- Location information when you use the Site;
- Information that you provide by registering or filling in forms or applications on or through the Site. This includes information provided in connection with registering to access and use the Colossal Services;
- When you report a problem with the Site or any of the other Colossal Services;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us;
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Site and any of the other Colossal Services; and/or
- Your search queries on or through any of the Colossal Services.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through or use the Site and the other Colossal Services.
- From third parties, such as our customers, business partners and other third parties that provide us or you with certain services.
Certain web transactions may also involve you calling us or our calling you. Please be aware that we may monitor and in some cases record such calls for staff training or quality assurance purposes.
You may now or in the future provide pictures, audio and video recordings, text, data, information and other input or any other content linked, posted, and/or submitted by you or other users to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on or through the Site, or transmitted to third parties or other users of or any of the other Colossal Services (collectively, “User Content”). Your User Content is posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Site or the other Colossal Services, with whom your User Content is shared. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Content will not be viewed, downloaded or shared by unauthorized persons.
The technologies we use for automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on the Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Site and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit Colossal, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Do Not Track Policy
Your web browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services (including behavioral advertising services) that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and across different websites. We do not honor any web browser “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms that provide you with the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services.
Third-party Responsibilities and Services.
We may use or partner with other third party companies, agents or contractors for various purposes in connection with our business and operations (“Service Providers”), including, billing and payments, relationship building, the marketing and growth of our business and the performance of services on our behalf, such as gathering and analyzing information and the provision of services to you. In the course of performing these responsibilities and providing such services, these other companies may have access to your information. We may also share information, including your information, with these Services Providers in order to enable them to perform these responsibilities and to provide these services. Many Services Providers have adopted their own privacy policies, which are not subject to control by Colossal. You should always review the policies of these Service Providers to make sure that you are comfortable with the ways in which they collect, use, maintain, protect and disclose your information.
The Service Providers may also transmit cookies to your computer or device, when you click on ads that appear on or through the Service. Also, if you click on a link to a third party website, such third party may also transmit cookies to you. Please be aware that cookies placed by third parties may continue to track your activities online even after you are no longer using any our Services, and those third parties may not honor “Do Not Track” requests you have set using your web browser.
Use of Remarketing with Google Analytics and Google Adwords and other Remarking Services
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to, you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
DoubleClick: We may use Google Analytics remarketing codes to log when users view specific pages or take specific actions on a website. This allows us to provide targeted advertising in the future. If you do not wish to receive this type of advertising from us in the future you can opt out using the DoubleClick opt-out page or the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
Google has additional information available about its Remarketing Privacy Guidelines, Policies, and Restrictions on its website.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To provide you the Colossal Services and the content and the other products and services that you request from us.
- To provide the Site and its contents to you.
- To provide technical and other support to you.
- To send you promotional communications, such as providing you with information about services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers and events; and providing other news or information about us, our customers and our select partners.
- To enable Service Providers to perform certain responsibilities and provide certain services in connection with our business and operations.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Site and the other Colossal Services.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on or through any of the Colossal Services.
- To enhance the safety and security of all of the Colossal Services.
- To verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
- To enable marketing, remarketing and targeted advertising and similar services from us or Service Providers, including direct and indirect marketing and on-line behavioral advertising regarding our own and third party products and services that we believe may be of interest to you, including advertisement on third party websites.
- To perform targeted and other advertising on third party websites.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Some of the information that we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include Personal Information, but we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties or you provide to us. It helps us to improve the Site and the other Colossal Services, and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and better understand usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, enabling us to customize the Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the Site.
Storage and Transfer of Your Information
We may store any information that we collect (personal or otherwise) ourselves or in databases owned and maintained by us, our affiliates, agents or Service Providers. If you access or use the Site or any of the other Colossal Services outside of the United States, information that we collect about you may be transferred to servers inside the United States and maintained indefinitely, which may involve the transfer of information out of countries located in the European Economic Area and other parts of the world unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law or agreed by Colossal and you. By allowing Colossal to collect information about you, you consent to such transfer and processing of such information without restriction. We may also store some information locally on your computer or other devices. For example, we may store information as local cache so that you can open the Site and view content faster.
Although users from all over the world may access the Site and the other Colossal Services, keep in mind that no matter where you live or where you happen to use our services, you consent to us processing and transferring information in and to the United States and other countries whose data-protection and privacy laws may offer fewer protections than those in your home country.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To other users in your organization in connection with any of the Colossal Services.
- To Service Providers, contractors and other third parties we use to support our business, including credit card payment processors and marketing support.
- To a potential or actual buyer, assignee or other successor (including its related advisors and agents) in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Colossal’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Colossal about you and other users of the Site is among the assets that may be or are actually transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply the Terms and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Colossal, our customers or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from Colossal. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used by Colossal to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out through the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of the applicable email. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Colossal as a result of a service or product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. You may be able to opt out of receiving personalized advertisements from companies who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative or who subscribe to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising. For more information about this practice and to understand your options, please visit: http://www.aboutads.info and http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. You may also use TRUSTe’s Preference Manager at http://preferences-mgr.truste.com.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may change, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us through the settings tab of your user dashboard. You may also do this by contacting us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Content from any of the Colossal Services (including any User Content stored in the cloud), copies of your User Content may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other users of the Servers or the Site. Proper access and use of information provided on or through any of the Colossal Services, including User Content, are governed by the Terms.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to or write to us at: Colossal Biosciences Inc., 1401 Lavaca St, Unit #155 Austin, TX 78701.
We understand that the security of your Personal Information is important. We provide reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls to protect your Personal Information. However, despite our efforts, no security controls are 100% effective and Colossal cannot ensure or warrant the security of your Personal Information. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to and use of certain parts of the Site and/or the other Colossal Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of any of the Colossal Services. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any Company, Contractor or other user of the Site.
© Copyright Colossal Biosciences Inc. 2021